“Blue silk velvet ikat fabric”
Eastern culture is rich with its different kinds of hand made and naturally dyed Velvet fabrics or Bakhmal as local people name it. In the Oriental world, Velvet stays in a prominent place and it is in popular demand. Velvet fabrics have been an integral part of national clothing, culture and interior design. The meaning of the word velvety is “smooth like velvet”. Thus, Bakhmal not only looks gorgeous but also is pleasant to touch.
Blue silk velvet ikat fabric / Handwoven Silk Ikat Fabric
Blue Velvet Ikat Fabric Sale deserved their popularity because of their variety in usage. Especially, women adore it because of its exclusive patterns and utilize this fabric as a part of their apparel. Nowadays, the unique patterns of Velvet fabric give piquancy to home décor and create a cosy atmosphere. If you cover a sofa or bed with Bakhmal, simultaneously you will add a wonderful look and pleasant sense while sitting on them. Due to its extreme softness and appearance, Velvet fabric was of a high price that is why people often associated Velvet with nobility. But today it became more affordable to purchase. Once you bought Velvet fabric it will please your eyes for a long time with its royal look.
- The typical pile height of Velvet is not more than 0.4 cm.
- Before the mechanical looms, the average weaver could weave only 3 yards of Velvet per day.
- Jean Baptiste Martin developed the first mechanical loom in the late 1840s.
- King Richard II of England decreed in his will that on his death, his body should be draped in Velvet
- Individual items of Kuba Velvet take several months and sometimes a whole year to be produced.
- In Hindi movies, especially in the 1960s, the main negative character (often played by Pran) frequently sported Velvet jackets.
*** We deliver orders via Uzbekistan Registered Post. It takes a minimum of 21 – 25 business days to reach anywhere in the world.